[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Tournament of Glory Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Tournament of Glory Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Tournament of Glory Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Tournament of Glory

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Tournament of Glory Empty
PostSubject: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi guys,

Unlike the previous tournaments where I just asked who wanted in, this time I send mails to the people (and mostly classes/builds) I want in the main team. To make the most viable and competitive team possible.

Right now, this is what I have in mind (and why)

Warrior: Damilian (selonus). I've seen him play it, and he is our only real warrior we have.
Guardian: NoWay (raven). I've been playing it last weeks and last night I was able to keep 3 people off my back, so I'm feeling more comfortable on guardian AH Mid bunker than ranger atm.
Home Bunker Engi: IAmAwesome (Brandon). He's almost unkillable 1v1. And he can handle himself for a long time outnumbered.

That's the 3 people I want in the team at all time. Because they are the only ones playing the classes lately and doing good on them.

For the 2 other spots I'm having a hard time. I had to chose between 4 players (titus, dana, night and zira).
Don't be mad if you ain't my first pick! I'm thinking about team composition and highest skilllevel on the classes available (that last thing is only for the mesmers actually, because we have 3 amazing ones, but I took night's advice on it)

Zira is one hell of a mesmer who's interrups are nearly perfect in timing all the time. I've seen him play matches and his mobility is also stunning. He switches points like they're right next to each other. So I'd love to have him in our main team.

Night's thief is great for decapping far and assisting in teamfights. Though I'm not sure if he's willing to play it in a tournament. If he is, he's to be my choice for the main team.

Since we already have ourselves a mesmer, our substitute or 5th man when night can't play on thief, would be titus. I Know you would love to play in the main team mate, but right now you prefer playing on your necro, and necro's are slow. Deadly, yes, but slow.

So my perfect team would look like:
Damalian - Hambow warrior
IAmAwesome - Home bunker engi
Noway - Mid AH bunker guard
Alvarez - Roaming mesmer
Night - Roaming thief

Please let me know asap if you can make it or not! (no set date yet, but it'll be weekends most likely) And there will be training sessions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

PS: This is just an idea guys. But maybe we could organize this tournament and it's training session better if we set up a fb group just for this purpose? Enclosed to the 6 of us. So we can get in touch easily and let each other know when we'll be able to make it and when not. Or post updates about the tournament when they are released.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 pm

I kinda understand. Necro's need some love in pvp. Its just like rangers. When i see one in ToL im happy but they often die fast without doing that much. Btw i can bunkerguard aswell. Its a class i have a lot of experience with and i have played it with great succes. I just usually use necro cause i only like guardbunker when im with a guildteam. But yh, i know a bunkerguard in and out and can always hold myself very well with it (except when my team doesnt bother killing the treb on khylo Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:25 pm

I love the idea, and I am almost always available on weekends. However, fb is a nono. I'm sorry, but I don't like people I don't know having access to my fb. Also, don't we have some tourney guild?
Back to top Go down
Selo

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Here is a list of builds and setups we can expect: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2d5weh/

They are all quite tanky and mobile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 pm

You know our deal titus. 50/50 chance you're in after all.

Yes Noz, we do, but I get the feeling you guys rarely look at it. And you can't change the MotD, so you can't 'talk' to the entire group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Selo wrote:
Here is a list of builds and setups we can expect: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2d5weh/

They are all quite tanky and mobile.

That's only part of the teams though. Like literaly 25%. And you can never know if they were lucky with their competition. Some people got in but just can't play all that good after all.
Back to top Go down
alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 2:26 am

Hey man, thanks for the trust! I am pretty sure I can make it, as my exam phase finally concludes next week and I will have quite some free time on my hands. I'm on vacation at the end of September which might interfere but let's hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 am

I'm totally up for it! When is the tournament? I can't find it on the site..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:29 am

Date is not known as of now. But at least we know we'll be sending a team and I can make the registration 20th august.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:48 am

I am so sorry, but I am not here from 18-29th (august, ofc) D:

Back to top Go down
alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 6:10 am

It's just the start of the registration. I really hope that tournament itself is in early-mid october or something.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Again, depends. I have university and a job, you know Wink
Back to top Go down
Nightfire

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Tournament will certainly be in the weekend (got a job too, won't be able to join during the week and like us at least 50% of the pvp playerbase) so i don't think it's going to be a problem noz!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:35 am

Aye, tournament was somewhere early december I thought. And it'll be weekend of course. If it's weekdays, there would be nearly no 'casual' teams joining.
Back to top Go down
alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 2:31 am

Early december, I think, is the start of that World Series thing in China, which means that the ToG has to be done by then as the winner is automatically qualified. At least that's what I understand from the blogpost.
Anyways, I can't wait to play more with you guys and practice some nifty rotations  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 pm

December would mean my first uni exams. Wouldnt be ideal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Aye, but that also means you'll have xmas vacation. Which you don't have that much in your 2nd and 3rd year if your uni does it like mine.

And indeed Zira, I'm gonna make another post to schedule training sessions where it's just the team playing. Work on our teamplay most likely. Get our people back up, and make sure their people stay down. I assume you all know you gotta ress your teammates, aye xD
I might even try runes of mercy to ress faster depending on whether we need it or not.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 pm

U went to Hasselt right? Then my uni works diff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 am

Yep, 6-8 weeks system.
But first year we had exams early-mid december. 2nd and 3rd we have exams 2nd week of january.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:43 am

Pfff lame system. 2 exam periods, christmas and june. Thats how it should be
Back to top Go down
alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 am

Brackets

Good Thing: We won't face asdf or BooN. Bad Thing: Assuming second round: we will face enhanced gaming. Also PBJT in there.

Our first opponent has no player on the team LBs and only one on the solo LBs. Doesn't say too much because we don't look that much better on that paper either, but I guess that should be possible. Enhanced, presumably our second opponent on the other hand has their players around the 150s of the team LBs. That's a tough one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:33 pm

LBs mean nothing to me Zira. If somebody with 100 matches played can be ranked top 5 the system is broken. We'll just have to proveit once more! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Btw, some gameplay from Enhanced Gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_VWPohYsLU

vs 55 HP monks :/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmi7XeOfPm8

May I say we gonna lost round 2 if it's the same guys? :/ I thought those big names wouldn't be in this tournament since they are invited to the world series already.

EDIT 'i forgot the number of them': their current setup:
Pride – bunker guardian
Arzsi – thief
Hatuey – necromancer
Rin – engineer
Xerrex – multiclass
Back to top Go down
Selo

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Any news on the qualifier date? (20 or 21)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament of Glory   Tournament of Glory Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament of Glory
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next