[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Moving and some info! Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Moving and some info! Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Moving and some info! Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Moving and some info! Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Moving and some info! Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Moving and some info! Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Moving and some info! Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Moving and some info! Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Moving and some info! Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Moving and some info! Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Moving and some info!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steven Silverwing

Moving and some info! Empty
PostSubject: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:37 am

Moving and some info! VmWKQD

Hey guys as you might know I've been building the new website for better use and more functionality for the guild. I've already made a thread about building the website and will continue to post in it for major changes but I wanted a new topic about actually moving there and some of the basic functions it has. Hope I can keep it concise enough so I won't hit you all for 9000 damage with my wall of text.

Website Adress / Registering

Current new website adress: www.painkillerguild.com

In the future the only way to register is to apply to the guild. This is for new members but as we have many who haven't registered yet but are in the guild it seems a bit redundant to write an application Razz Therefore you can join the website instantly if you go there and make an account.

Important: We're going to require that people add their GW2 character to their account so we'll have a good and clean website roster which should reflect the ingame one. If all is working right you shouldn't be able to join the website without adding your character. (how to add your character should be somewhere at your profile) Make sure you sign up now before the app system is back in place.

TS3 Server

The Gunnar's Hold TS3 server is really fine however having a place on our own is always a nice thing as we can just do whatever we want in it. Therefore I bought us a 15 slot TS3 server. On the website will be a TS3 viewer so with 1 visit to the website you can see who is online on TS3 from the guild.

Details: gw2painkiller.enjinvoice.com
Password: quaggan

Main New Features

The Event/Calender System
New on the website is the new calender system. On the calender will be put events and it will be seen on the frontpage even. What you have to do in order to participate in an event is to sign up for it. You can for example click on attending, tentative or not attending. You can also assign one of your characters to it.

This will mean event organisers can see more easy whether people are coming or not and how the situation looks. For participants it's just one click to tell the organisator that you are coming to the event. Win Win!  Everyone can make events and put them on the calender.

Gallery
All screenshots can be posted in one gallery with different albums. Everyone should be able to create their album or add screenshots in existing ones. There's also a showcase on top of it randomizing the screens put in the albums.

Shoutbox
We've already been using the shoutbox on the new website and this shows what a great thing it is to have. Easy communicating outside the game.

Forums
Not really new but still ofcourse essential to the website. We'll just keep on doing what we do here on there.

Unfortunately we couldn't transfer the database (damn host doesn't permit it Sad) so what we have to do from the moment we switch is:

- Gather all important topics and maybe repost them again
- Gather all screens posted and put them into the new gallery (like I did a bit)

Other
And there are so many functions which makes life easier and so much more potential. Work is never done on the website so we'll always try to improve it more and more.

What will happen now?

Everyone can slowly start moving there and if they want even start using the website. The basic functions are all set and it should be fully operatable. Let's just assume the website is still in beta ^^

Here's a list of what I intend to improve:
- Theme (Header, make background compatible with higher resolutions than 1920*1080, etc)
- Forum icons customization
- Guild info page written and ready
- Enjin recruitment filled in so we'll also be recruiting on the enjin main website
- Lots of little improvements, maybe switch some modules here and there.
- Anything that comes up after I posted this Razz

Thanks for reading guys xx

Last edited by Steven Silverwing on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:31 am

Well done and a big thanks steven!
you're doing some great work for us. It makes me really happy Smile.
I think we should settle on one TS server for now, and I believe it's best if we choose the private server you set up for us.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:51 am

It's nothing Smile It's just kind of a hobby of mine to participate in guild websites whether it be just posting inside forums or actually help build it like now. I really appreciate you guys let me work on it! Can't wait to write news posts and what not for the guild if you guys are open for that.

Anyway yes I think that's the best. The ability to see who's online is just awesome. The TS3 server is in full control of Dana and Trip so they could customise it with whatever they want through the admin panel. I'll leave them to create the different channels inside it. Maybe they could give you admin access aswell so you could check out the admin panel etc.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:53 am

I like how you thank us for doing all the work i rmy dont wanna do
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 am

lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 am

Everything looks great so far. I'm on vacation till sunday but i'll definitely start making my account and stuff on monday.
Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 am

Hey Steven, you really doing a great job so far on the website. It really looks awesome and we got most of the features on it that we want.

But i personal got one problem and i'm not sure if its me or Enjin. But my notifications, member list, mail, recruitment and many more i can't open or view. Nothing has changed on my side, so i'm not sure if it's me or Enjin. It is just empty or not even loading the page. The forums on Enjin is working for me.
Back to top Go down
https://pain.actieforum.com
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:28 am

Hm that's really weird, I've had no issues loading with anything and since you have the most permission as you own the website there shouldn't be anything wrong with the website itself (with permissions or something)

What happens when you click on that page? Is it completely white or something?
Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:58 pm

I had this problem for some days now. But now all is working fine again.. I really dont know what was going on :S
Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:21 am

Steven, there is a guy that i atm dont know. Can you check out if he is also in the guild. If not, please remove him and put back on the application method.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 1:29 am

I noticed, only you can remove him from the website.

Go to the admin panel > Users > User Manager
then check his box next to his name and click on 'user actions'. There you can delete him.

I now changed it to 'Register after admins approval', so we prevent people joining who aren't in the guild. I will change it to application method in 1-2 weeks so in the mean time existing members can join.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

Domain is now officially http://painkillerguild.com/ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving and some info!   Moving and some info! Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving and some info!
Page 1 of 1