[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Building the new website! Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Building the new website! Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Building the new website! Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Building the new website! Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Building the new website! Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Building the new website! Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Building the new website! Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Building the new website! Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Building the new website! Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Building the new website! Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Building the new website!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steven Silverwing

Building the new website! Empty
PostSubject: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 11:11 am

Hey Guildies!

After the guild meeting I got a job to get a new website up and running. But ofcourse I don't want it to be just something I made. I'm only relatively new in the guild and want the guild represent Pk as much as possible. Therefore I'd appreciate any thoughts ideas that come up. Can be anything, I will see if the website is able to do it and then we'll try it out.

I'm not going to go through every single feature there is, for that you will have to go to this page: http://www.enjin.com/features . We'll have the advanced features.

I will update this as much as possible. Anything I do which is something major I will post here so anyone can jump in and throw some feedback.

Currently it's still in the very early stages of trying some stuff out and see how it feels and such. Main things to focus on now are:
- General Theme
- General Structure

General Theme

What I want to do is choose a theme but not really stick to it as much. It will merely serve as a 'base'. So what I think will be the coolest is choose one that is a bit like we want it to and then customise as much as we can. Think about icons, some colours and whatnot. This will achieve a theme which resembles us and will create a theme that we won't see anywhere else.

I've narrowed it down to 2 base themes but still unsure
- First one was already preset by Dana and has the same colours as the current one. It's one of the free themes but will offer a decent start. If we choose this one I'd suggest a gw2 background and a nice header which resembles gw2 aswell. After that adding guild wars flavour wherever we can. Otherwise it would be a bit too basic.

http://gw2painkiller.enjin.com/ . As you can see I've tested the background a bit. Not done it too precisely but was just something I had to see. That's what I meant by adding gw2 flavour to it. Think it would be cool to add one or more characters on the sides as background.

As you can see the theme is very tidy and such.
- The other one is choosing on of the gw2 templates and go with that as base. Which means it's a bit more 'sketchy' and not as tidy as the first theme.

Building the new website! Full

There are like 5 similar to those themes but with different colors

Would love to hear what you guys prefer. Check out all other themes: http://www.enjin.com/layouts (we can use the premium btw!) . And see if you can find something nice.

If I know what to go for I can start creating a background and whatnot and work on the theme Smile

General Structure

I've got something in mind about the structure. It's a bit similar to http://lgbt.enjin.com/home . Little 'about' in the middle top for guests, events on the right with also the upcoming events on it and ofcourse a shoutbox. News post section where all kinds of screens can be posted from events or important guild news.

As of pages on the menu bar:
1. maybe a page with guild info would be awesome which consists of (apart from the little box on the frontpage):
- Guild History
- What the guild stands for
- Guild Rules
- Contact info etc.
Like a 'all you need to know before joining'
2. Member list -> Will create all kinds of ranks with privileges reflecting the ingame ranks. (so everyone knows exactly who is which rank on the website aswell)
3. Calender/Events
4. Gallery
5. Site activity
6. Forums

Those are mainly set. More will come when I get across it.

Something to think about:
- Shall we use the enjin internal recruitment system (as in, you can apply through the system, see for example http://lgbt.enjin.com/recruitment ) OR shall we stick to the topic kind of way so everything will stay public (aka the way we do now). If we go for that second option I will disable it. If we are going for the first one I will make sure to get it all working. Would love to know what you guys prefer.

------------------

Would also be great if everyone started messing around on photoshop or whatever to come up with some nice headers! Or ask friends/family to make us one!!!

TLDR: I would love to hear about
- This theme, 'GW2' theme, or a theme you found at the theme directory http://www.enjin.com/layouts ?
- Enjin recruitment system or old school topic creating?
- A created header by you or someone else!
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey Steven! awesome to see that you have started working on this already. I had a look an here are my findings:

1) As theme goes, i really like the GW2 yellow theme. I like how it emits the GW2 flavour with those edgy/rugged boxes that are so familiar. I also prefer this kind of theme to the rly simple box kind. Thats a bit too much like an informational site instead of a cool guildsite! I assume we can change the colours and everything. Colourwise, i'm not a fan of dark colours for our site. It's always a bit untidy and messy imo. I prefer light colours with coloured hints for sth like that. A sort of white is the kind of base i prefer (much like the Sanctuary guild) with then a certain other colours in multiple colournuances throughout the site. White with all kinds of different red (like dark and light red used through eachother and throughout the site). I like the colour red and it hints at gw2 but other stuff could be nice aswell. But yh, mostly not too dark is what i wanna see.

I know this all sounds very vague but it's difficult to explain in Enlish as i couldn't come up with certain artistic words i needed Very Happy .

2) As far as the structure goes, it seems like some stuff is missing, unless i dont really understand it. Stuff like guides/builds would that go in the forums section? And like a place to just post some funny stuff and all, would that go there aswell? I'll think about all this but it would be great if you can explain all that a little further Smile.

3) I think the ENjin recruitement system looks great. We can do the application stuff but just make it more structured and simpeler so it seems. We can modify it to whatever we want but i think we should def use it.

These are my findings, anyway awesome job man!
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:59 pm

I just had a look at the LGBT site, and now structure make a lot more sense. Yh i think the structure is rly nice then. Will think more about it but the basics are nice.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Yeah we can go with a much lighter theme if we prefer to Smile Thanks for your thoughts about it! Will see how others would prefer either darker or lighter theme.

The structure yeah I see what you are missing. There will be a forum like this ofcourse there which is basically the same. All the sections will probably be similar aswell. That means builds/guides, funny stuff can all be put in there as a topic. We CAN ofcourse put guides somewhere else than the forums but that we will have to decide later on.

Also hopefully we'll be able to transfer all the topics/posts to the enjin website so we'll keep everything that has been posted here and we can just continue posting on there.
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:25 pm

I agree on the theme beeing rather lighter than darker, our current design is too grey/black.
I really like the sanctuary design, the design on your screenshot is nice, its brighter, but I think white background would be my prefereance.
I would like the design be somewhat similar to the GW2 website, simple, elegant text letters, not too much confusing stuff going on, but I don't want a bland buisness/office feeling to it:P. It should have some artistic elements like cool graphics or so from gw2, black red/orange on a white background, maybe.
At least I'm definity that white background would work well.

I checked them all and I would go for either of those 2, I prefer the first one because of the elegant text it uses, can we change that to our own preference?:

I think it's the same as for the sanctuary page...

This one is a bit less stylistic:

Regarding the features:

1. maybe a page with guild info would be awesome which consists of (apart from the little box on the frontpage):
- Guild History
- What the guild stands for
- Guild Rules
- Contact info etc.

This is definetly what I want to be there in the middle top of the page, so first thing you see is this.

2. Member list -> Will create all kinds of ranks with privileges reflecting the ingame ranks. (so everyone knows exactly who is which rank on the website aswell)
We will want to have everyone's account name somewhere visible in their profile, aswell as their general nickname for forums and for what you call them.
Like my nick is Mizu but my ing name is Mizu Misa or Misa Misa.8730
And tell people not to use same password for forums and their email or else we might have a lot of hacked acc at some point.

3. Calender/Events
4. Gallery
5. Site activity
6. Forums
7.Teamspeak viewer/Guild Roster viewer?
8.Shoutbox
9.News about events, changes in the guild (should be below the guild introduction)
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:11 am

Yep that white theme is definitely a great one if you see what sanctuary did with it. I can imagine that the current test background is a bit too distracting from what's happening on the website. I should probably choose for a more abstract background. If we go with a lighter/white one a light grey or faded color background would probably be the best option if we want to customise it. We can keep that default one, which is already an awesome one, but I think we would end up having the same look as sanctuary or any other who use that theme.

Something like scenery art which only have some lighter colors in it and doesnt distract could be a good option. And then have the header match the same colours from the background and/or the rest of the theme.

As for what's possible with a theme, you can basically customise everything. From the font to the menu bar, anything.

As for the 'Guild Info'. We'll be having that on the middle top of the page ofcourse. But the space is limited so it only has the most important info on it and as concise as possible. (see sanctuary again, will be the same) What I wanted to suggest having as seperate page is making it a bit more detailed for those who want to read more about it. Maybe some information about how it was created, some old screenshots etc.

We'll be having a shoutbox at the front page, can also make it bigger (and have it both) on a seperate page if you guys prefer that.

News section will be below introduction.

I'll have to see how enjin provides having a GW2 character list of the people in the guild. Their feature list says: Get character and guild data automatically. Import your entire roster with automatic data feeds and synchronsation. (Coming soon!)
So it's atleast coming that the data will be synchronised automatically. For now I'll have to check out how to do it manually.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:35 am

I will by the way not be online from tomorrow morning till friday evening. Will be leaving on a short trip to the Ardennen. So will be putting all the feedback after that and start working on the theme and structure on friday evening. Enough time to gather everyones thoughts about this Smile
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:05 am

Yes it would be good if it looks somewhat distinct from the sanctuary site^^, don't want a plain copy. We can allways have only part of the info display with a "read more" button at the end.
I'll keep that in mind when writing.
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 1:21 am

The App form is nice, I've used it before, the current questions are fine aswell. I suggest we keep it in place!

On second thougt, the look should be as following.
White background, shades of blue & black for text.
This one is more colorful but I also find it quite nice, just as an example

Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 3:21 am

I got some news as well. Gonna post more this evening when i got the time.
Back to top Go down
https://pain.actieforum.com
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:07 am

Wow that's a big Wall O' Text. I'm gonna decipher this and come back to you. But great that the project already have been started. That is a good show of heart towards the guild.

So i deciphered this and here is what i think. You all already have some great idea's, i like the idea to go for a lighter theme. But not too white and definitely having artistic in it. I have searched through the themes and this one hits me. The other gw2 themes i don't like for being too much artistic, dark patterns etc. [img]Building the new website! Full10[/img]

Also i wanted to try and use the application form of Enjin and on the very top of that page we can also set up the rules (not sure, but i think there was a check box at the very end of the application to accept it all.) So that is already a good way to let them know about the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://pain.actieforum.com
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 6:36 pm

i like your design aswell dana
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 8:34 am

Great responses already guys, love how you guys actively work with me here Smile I've summarised a few suggestions. I've concluded a few things for the theme:
- A light color is prefered for the theme. Think about white/grey.
- There's a mixed feeling about whether it can be tidy or artistic. I'm trying to find a middle way to have it all tidy but with a little artistic feel to it. (which can be achieved with the header/background/color usage I think)
- Having a 'main colour' which can be linked to GW2. Red was suggested.

The one Dana linked is a very good base to build further on. So what I did is just try some stuff out. I see some liked the concept at the sides and tried to stick to that. The background underneath the modules will stay one colour only. Since the modules are transparant it will keep it nice and clean. I do though choose a concept art which is not too disturbing so what I do is choose something and put a 'grey' layer over it so that the colors will be faded a bit.

I still have to test red out but what I thought, since Heart of Thorns is coming out soon it might be awesome to get into that theme instead of the general GW2 theme they have been using the last 2 years. So instead of red choose the color green. (If you guys don't like that I can ofcourse switch it around)

This is what I come up with. Keep in mind this header is just a temporary one, still people can send in theirs. Was just filling it up to complete it. (had a black box before this one, would ruin the feel Razz)

Building the new website! I0rwbb

I think the background fits in nicely. Something I will edit on the theme however is the horizontal menu bar. See if I can make it a bit more artistic.

More updates will follow. Still working on the webpages and taking all those suggestions with me.

- Trip/Dana can you guys start looking if you have the possibility to download the current forum database from this forums. Or else contact the support somewhere from Free Forums to see if they can help you with that?
- I will look into a domain at the later stages aswell. Saw that painkillerguild.com is available and is only 7 euro a year so could be a good option.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:08 am

Awesome dude! I rly like the colours on this. I was just gonna say that in want a more artistic feel when i read you thought the same.

I totally agree with the HoT colours. I think the HoT green could be rly awesome.
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Me and Dana were still figuring out the perfect background art on the sides.

Have a look at http://www.kekaiart.com/guild-wars-2.html , It doesn't have to be too dark and would be great to have some green in it. Besides that I edit it a bit so it fits. But need some good ideas for what to put where.
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:40 pm

the current one on the left is too low res imo, I really like the colors so far and the banner art and text style, really excited to see this!
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Hm yeah I kinda agree with the low resolution, still figuring out what to put there. I just tried out something which comes from the same wallpaper as the right side.. Maybe it's a bit too disturbing again I dont know. I'll leave it be for a few days and start on the other stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:39 am

Ok what I will be working on:

- The roster will be refined. If you go to 'members' it won't be just a list with registered members but will show the ingame name, alts and such. I can customise it completely. As you can see it's sorted on rank currently and only me and dana show up since we are the only ones who added our main char. It will basically be a reflection of the ingame roster

I can for example 'force' people to add their main character at registering/applying so we immediately know who he is in the future.

So if there's anything you would like to have as information at the member roster tell me and I will add it.

- Gallery. There's a showcase showing random pictures and underneath that you will have all the albums. What I want to do is gather every single screenshot on these forums and add them there to store them.

- Setting all permissions right per rank.

- Finishing the application form / putting rules on top of it. THEN disabling it temporary so everyone here can register there without having to apply first Razz

Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

nice steve! I like the app questions so far...
guild roster is very good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building the new website!   Building the new website! Empty

Back to top Go down

Building the new website!
Page 1 of 1