[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Rather unorthodox ranger build Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Rather unorthodox ranger build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rather unorthodox ranger build Empty
PostSubject: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 pm

But it might work.

Link to build

So, the idea is that you do conditional damage, duh!
You do this by flanking with sb and using torch when wielding sw/torch. Use pet f2 all the time for max bleeding.

Besides dealing damage we have 3.1k toughness which will allow us to stand stall against raw power builds. We have 'Bark skin' to decrease their damage even further (50% after 10th dec update).
Passive condition removal (or on demand when you switch to healing spring, depends on your situation cause your team will love you for healing spring)

Together with Titus we found out that ranger has a great healing possibility, so we are still trying to use that to our benefit. With 900~ healing power, dwayna runes and some extra passive heals we should be able to stay alive pretty long.

Sb: obvious
axe-torch: standard aoe, bleed and burning.

Advice and or testing is always welcome... (yes titus, we're the 2 ranger guys in the guild so...)
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 am

Ill try it out
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:58 am

Axe is far from my fav Rangerwep tho. Not a real fan.

Arent you afraid that with 0 in BM and squishy pets theyre gonna die quite soon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 am

Not my real concern, the idea is that you swap everything you can swap every time you can swap it.
And besides, almost nobody takes out my pets. and if they focus on pets, I'll just take them down so low they have to go into the defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:12 am

Ok, so I tried it in a couple matches.

First 2 fights where aweful! Once I got the hang of the build a bit it felt rather good. Had some nice fights. But it's harder to master than spirit build or the Regen Ranger we tried last week (titus and me).

So I think that once you get the hang of it, it should be rather strong and versitale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:04 am

yeah, also playing ranger for my main, i have shortbow, axe-torch biuld, had conditional dmg but i am a fan of crits so ... the axe and torch version is also cool for more people not standing in one line in its very productive. For my opinion the crit version is better, besides that i am using singets + the active effects also afect you rune so i can stax imune for 6 seconds what is also very nice. The shot after the daze gives you 150% dmg + the singet to grow and the pet + character might ability will give you max dmg output, thats how i play my ranger and its prety cool, for not understanding my comment ask me xd i will happily explain you my build !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:42 pm

I know your build. I used to role it, about a year ago. Right now I feel it's not very viable. Critter should be Lb+GS or sw/warhorn or dagger. But they ain't good in the current meta imo. I hope the 10th dec patch fixes that.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 am

Cmon guys, the best by far atm is the healing way. I have yet to meet the man, except that darn Nightfire, that can beat me 1v1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Lol, maybe because of your (minimal) skills that's the only one you can handle? lol! bounce

Kk titus, the healing is great. But you lack damage! I heal only a bit less, but I am damaging a lot more. It's just playstyle. I've been beating L35+'s yesterday in Tpvp. Only got killed when I was ganged, which in certain games meant 4v1 all the time (a 3v5 match for us, great matchmaking Anet)

I like it more than the healing.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:13 pm

You can not seriously like the axe. It has short range and awful dmg.

5g says i kill you with the healbuild
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Btw minimal skill? i think if we counted the battles i would champion over you, minion.
Choose your next words carefully boy, they may be your last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Lol titus, the axe ain't meant to be used as 'press 1 and win' like the sb. You use your other skills while wielding it...

I could beat nightfire though, so well... Very Happy

Just saying that I like it more than the healing build. It's to passive imo and has no thrill. I can kill a bunker guardian with this build. With the healing build that would have been an endless match if none makes to much mistakes, cause those builds allow for mistakes just not to many.

And I'm very willing to spar again, I just don't bet, I like my money where it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 pm

And the minimal skill was for laughs btw.
Back to top Go down
Dante Wolv

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 am

looks like a good pvp build, being able to survive and push conditions on enemies seem to be the "meta" in pvp for most classes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:45 am

I changed it again today... yeah...
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 am

i think you might be changing build too often. Try sticking with one and get amazing at it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:46 pm

See titus, that's the difference between us. I always come up with something new. You have a match against me a second time and I might be filling a whole new role.
Besides, you need to change with the meta.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Why do i need to change?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Cause your build is boring Sad (at least in my opinion after using it one night)
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 am

if you see how much i own in WvW duelling, you wouldnt find it boring. Its soooo amazing at it. True i might not kill a bunker guard but he cant kill me. I easily win 2v1s and often 3v1s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:39 am

I'm wondering what the 10th patch will bring. I think we'll see a lot of spirit rangers again.

Now that IS boring. Spam spirits and hope you can kill the guy in front of you.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 am

i rly dont like spirit gameplay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 am

Finally something we agree on! Let us celebrate that, next round is on me!
Back to top Go down
Mini Knoma
Mini Knoma

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Guys, could you please summarize the builds you're using? I went through all your posts and couldn't find the definitive version of any of the builds you mention here!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Do you want the higher healing power (more survival, less effective against standard bunkers) one or the higher damage one (less survival, less effective against other regen builds)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rather unorthodox ranger build   Rather unorthodox ranger build Empty

Back to top Go down

Rather unorthodox ranger build
Page 1 of 1