[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
All My Thoughts Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
All My Thoughts Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
All My Thoughts Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
All My Thoughts Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
All My Thoughts Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
All My Thoughts Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
All My Thoughts Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
All My Thoughts Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
All My Thoughts Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
All My Thoughts Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

All My Thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steven Silverwing

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 12:20 pm

I don't want to hijack Mizu's topic by posting all kinds of replies on it so I thought I'll just make my own topic. After I teased a bit with my thoughts about the website and all I think it could be helpful to clarify it a bit more. I've spitted through the old topics and see that 'low forum use' has always been a thing to discussion (so you might already be tired of it Razz).

To see the numbers: We have around 50 active people who have logged into the game the last 3 weeks. Whether they are representing I'm not sure. Now looking at the amount of active people who have logged into the forum the last 3 weeks: around 10.

This means we have 40 people who don't know about the events planned by Mizu at all, don't know about the guild rules, and don't know about the thing which has going on.

I think we can make a change to this!...

Now myself I'm a huuugee fan of guild websites. I think this not only brings the guild together, it has so many practical advantages that I can't imagine a guild without it. Most importantly is that you can broadcast important stuff to whole your guild regardless of them being online. And I know from experience that you can even get the people who don't like it so much to check the website daily.

Recruiting People
Now what I already said, I think registering on the website and applying should be a mandatory thing. Not only you know you pick the right people for the guild (and that's really important for a guild which wants to stay medium sized) you give them a glance at the website. When they recognise activity on the website, and see that events are planned, that there is just some general banter or other cool stuff they will be more likely to revisit it often. Now people don't have to send in their whole CV or stuff but just a few questions to join would be quite nice. (like we have now)

Events
Events are probably the biggest thing in a guild. And GW2 has a lot to do as a group in my opinion. But events without people won't work. I think with a proper calender event system life would be a lot easier to both organise and attend them. Like I suggested with for example enjin. Now with only 1 out of 5 people actually knowing in advance that there's an event for a day it will be unlikely you get the full attendance out of it.

Here's what I picture it to be myself in an ideal situation (so let's just say for now that everyone is checking the website regularly), this is all possible:
- An event is put up on the calender and will be shown
- People can click on 'attend' or 'not attend'. And attending can choose their character and class for example.
- People can comment on it. For example someone says: 'Hey I will be there but 10 minutes late'

Now the event organiser will know exactly who to expect and whether to go through with it or not. People can see all the events for the week in one glance, who is coming etc. Can make it all recurring on the calender aswell. No topics have to made every week and people don't have to reply to it all. All they do is click one button.

News posts
Now what I always liked to do is write about random guild stuff. It always got positive reactions from people. And that's why I think the potential of news posts is great on a front page. You can for example do:
- A wrapup of a past event. Things such as a screenshot always works really well. This will create more 'hype' for those who weren't there as they will probably realise 'hey that looked like fun, I might join next time!' Take for example the guild jumping puzzles. I sadly can't make thursdays anymore but last time I was there we were only with 2 while there were quite a few online. Now if we could 'show' people how much fun it was it would certainly make people consider coming next time!
- Important guild news. Change of guild rules, a discussion or a promotion.
- Maybe even announce new events?

Can be as creative as you want it to be. Ofcourse it requires some work and all so gotta be open for that ^^ I'm sure if the website will get known by people outside the guild it would attract more and more people.

Forums
Something we already have. I think it's one of the best place to discuss stuff. The chance that everyone is online to discuss something is very rare. Now from what I've seen on the forums there have been phases where there was a lot of banter, random topics etc. In my opinion I would love to see more of that stuff so I can 'get to know' other people more. But before that we need everyone to get there in the first place Smile

Some topics I would love to make as soon as there are more people here is stuff like 'What have you done today in GW2?' etc. Some stuff so I can know what everyone is up to ingame as I can't really find that out ingame.

Now some things which are also nice ofcourse is having reflecting ranks to ingame. Recruit, Member, VIP, Commander and such with slightly different name colours. Just little stuff that customises it all.

--

Almost 2 years ago I created my WoW guild with about 7 active members at the start. We also made a website and let everyone register and such. There wasn't much activity at the start as you can imagine but we kept on hyping it with news posts, events, discussions and eventually more and more joined it. Nowadays there are around 50+ active people on that website which check it daily. I think we can achieve that aswell, it just requires a little push from those who do already use it.

Hopping on to a website would be a great and fresh start into a new direction imo. But I can also understand if you guys are still bit cautious with the amount of work it might require. Either way, we either need to improve the current setting or go with my suggestion and talk to everyone (all 50+ active people) 1 by 1 asking them to register.

As currently there's no reason to use this forum as it would only reach 1 out of 5 members.

Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin
Danagir

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Hey Steven, this is a great post and i don't mind making own topic. I know there are allot of things to talk and discuss about. And your input is always welcome. It is great to hear that you think with us for the guild.

I had a talk with Trip this evening and we see there are some great things you and Mizu are telling. As you may have seen and read the older posts we had some discussions already going. Today(Saturday) i'm gonna talk more with Trip about every topic you guys mentioned. You all are welcome on TS, but after this we will really make a date to have all on ts for a good talk and see what we can do.

Well you and Mizu are right about the activity, forums and such. It wasn't easy to get all the folks to be more active on the forums or activity's. Trip and i had allot of talks about some things to go for. Now with the expansion HoT we were indeed discussing things to make the guild more alive. But there are things that has to be changed and we're welcoming any advice and such. Website sounds great to my ears, i offered already once to make one, but never gotten to the point (looked at Enjin and some others). Also recruiting can go different ways, as well with the event planner. Forums were always needed for discussions, even the simple one we are using right now. But some other things where also said by Mizu, so i'm gonna sum things up with Trip together
Back to top Go down
https://pain.actieforum.com
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:37 pm

I agree with the event planner. I made at least 3 custom events that I wracked my mind to make, but they all ended up failing

And on terms of forums, whenever I recruited someone, I told them to log on to forums, and at least 99% of them said they didn't like forums (I am the 1%! xD)
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Yes Yes Yes, Steven the man!

Recruiting People:
agree
Events:
If you can make such a Eventplanner machine it would be great.
News posts and forums:
Great suggestions! I have had similar experience with my former guilds!
The points you mention hold, from my experience, very much truth.
It's great that you summed them all up so we can use it as a basis to work from!
Back to top Go down
Steven Silverwing

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:04 am

How about we get on teamspeak this wednesday and discuss it a bit further? Maybe get as many guild members on there as possible to hear everyone's thoughts etc.? Unfortunately the only weekday I could this week, otherwise saturday
Back to top Go down
Mizu
Mizu

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 am

Online Times:
between 19:00 and 20:00 I usually can't, and after it's not so convenient for me..

Monday:17:30~ GMT
Tuesday:17:30~ GMT
Wednesday:17:30~ GMT
Thursday: irregular
Friday: /
Saturday: 17:30~ GMT
Sunday:after 18:30~ GMT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All My Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: All My Thoughts   All My Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down