[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
What would win? Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
What would win? Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
What would win? Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
What would win? Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
What would win? Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
What would win? Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
What would win? Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
What would win? Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
What would win? Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
What would win? Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

What would win?

Go down 
+6
Locksley
Ryo Asakura
Twapper
Thorius Stormborn
Aeon
Kencori
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kencori
Kencori

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:29 am

What would win in a fight a giant black widow spider or a giant silverback gorilla? they are both around 3 meters
Me and John are arguing about it haha
i think the spider he thinks the gorilla
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Gorilla would be massively strong, the spider would be pretty toxic XD not to mention about a billion times faster than the gorilla, ever think how fast a tiny 1 inch diameter spider is?, let's just rough guess and have a look at a 3m spider in inches (3m=300cm) every meter would be equivalent to 39 inches (39x3=117 in) a spider 117 times larger than normal XD I'd say the gorilla loses out on that one, it may have a strength advantage but you aren't considering a gorilla is not going to be a lot more powerful for the simple fact it isn't a lot smaller in nature (from the spiders perspective maybe XD) , i myself find insects are very durable (imagine a race of giant ants XD no thank you!!) but small in stature so they pose no real threat, Now a 3m black widow (one of the most poisonous spiders on the planet) would maybe in theory have speed, strength and most importantly venom toxicity (to kill a human, due to its size) 117 times the norm XD the reason i think the spider would win is simply because of its speed and its venom, you may not be able to outrun a gorilla but you have NO chance with 3m spider XD the problem is it has to get in close to the gorilla to bite it, i would say that the spider would win because it can quickly get in there use its venom, if the gorilla manages to damage it it has vast regenerative abilities, (if the gorilla can even hit it, the things are like organic computers, they can calculate and react extremely fast XD) the venom wouldn't take long to kill the gorilla, though the gorilla MAY cripple or kill the spider, it is i fairly tough call but i think that the spider would win.
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm

P.S sorry, kinda badly written, i hope you can read my "scientific analysis" without any issues XD
Back to top Go down
Thorius Stormborn
Officer
Officer
Thorius Stormborn

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Well King Kong defeated that giant dinosaur, so I'd say the gorilla has a shot. Though if they are the same size and the widow is toxic then my vote goes for the spider
Back to top Go down
Twapper
Officer
Officer

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Spider for sure!

Might be based on the fact that whenever i see a spider, im actually considering moving houses, but still, if same size with same reflexes, then spider would definetly win imo.
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Lol quite an interesting discussion XD
Back to top Go down
Ryo Asakura
Officer
Officer
Ryo Asakura

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, I will guess for the Gorilla.

Because he can jump in trees and do stomp attacks on the spider. Death from above. See it like this. A human of my size (1.78m) jumps out of a tree right on me, It will hurt a lot. I will be like unable to move because of the pain for some time.

Then the gorilla will pull out the spiders legs one by one. After that action he will take a big branch and smash the spider till he is dead.

Sounds maybe unrealistic but so is a 3m spider!
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Hmm i don't know man, some of the prehistoric creatures were pretty big Wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trHRNYmBl38
Back to top Go down
Ryo Asakura
Officer
Officer
Ryo Asakura

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Yeah but where is the spider? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thorius Stormborn
Officer
Officer
Thorius Stormborn

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah Ryo but you forget one thing. They are the same size Imagine a normal looking gorilla, and then imagine a black widow, the same size of the gorilla standing next to him. Imagine the size and quantity of web that comes out of it, and the toxicity of the venom of it should be off the chart. A gorilla climbs trees ? A spider can walk on any surface without falling
Back to top Go down
Locksley
Locksley

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Think about how much more intelligent the gorilla is, not to mention the considerable power bestowed into his huge upper body. The gorilla also has opposable thumbs which means he is capable of using the environment to his advantage, wielding/throwing large objects. Like Ryo said he could also climb up and drop down onto the spider, killing it with in one spider-popping attack! bounce 
Back to top Go down
Kencori
Kencori

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 am

The spider would also be able to make a super strong web!
Back to top Go down
Locksley
Locksley

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 am

So what? A spider is not intelligent enough to think to use a web as a weapons or as a means for defense in the heat of battle.
Back to top Go down
Kencori
Kencori

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 am

Are you joking? Most spiders use the web to trap prey
Back to top Go down
Locksley
Locksley

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:18 am

Yes, which they would have built weeks before... hence why i said "in the heat of battle"
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:54 am

What you don't think about is the fact a spider may have a purely logic based notochord, it doesn't take a lot of intelligence to bash an enemy to death btw :Palso, "intelligence" isn't a huge concern for most organisms in a life or death, flight or fight battle, you might find that in a lot of cases (with human beings) that they lose a lot of intelligence when fighting due to this response, also you seem to believe that spiders are in general, stupid, there are different types of intelligence, you are talking about the creative/logic intelligence that is typical of a mammalian creature, arachnids run on a purely logical hemisphere (of the brain/notochord ;P) therefore reasoning tactics may not be an obstacle for the purely logical spider which requires them to survive (with its planning and tactics for webbing and its extremely fast movements ;P) a gorilla may have SOME mobility and a high degree of intelligence, but the spider (like an ant) has a non-creative and instinctual way of functioning and is extremely dexterous in its movements, (even more so than the gorilla by FAR) mobility, an extremely high reflex, regenerative abilities (it may not value an arm or a leg as much as a gorilla by instinct) and extremely potent venom, not to mention it can use it's environment way more effectively than a gorilla (using methods like trapping and such, these are long term but can apply to a short term battle as it is still applicable, it may also walk UP any surface if it so chooses)
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:33 am

Guys, guys i can alrdy answer you ppl are ALL wrong. Obviously the gorilla would win, but why?

Gorilla's are alrdy 3m so we know they exist. Spiders arent build for such huge proportions. The way they are build atm would mean their body would collapse under its own weight if they became that big. Same reason why there will never be giant ants.

So Gorilla would win cause if the spider existed it would choke in seconds due to its own weight.
Back to top Go down
Kainex
Kainex

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 am

This fight all depends on the situation. If the gorilla walks into a pre-made web trap made by the black widow than the spider will mostly likely win once it has delivered it's venom, but if the situation is that both the creatures just bump into each other than the spider would likely run off as it is mostly a non-aggressive spider and in the natural world uses webs to catch its pray. So, say the fight was inevitable the spider has very poor eyesight compared to the gorillas. The gorilla will be much stronger and the spider would be much faster and dexterous. The spider has deadly venom and fangs and the gorilla has large canines, better grip and intelligence. Honestly, it all depends whether the spider gets a bite off but imo I would tip the gorilla to win Smile 

However, if you said Gorilla vs Brazilian wandering spider I would say spider anyday!
Back to top Go down
Alexa De
Officer
Officer
Alexa De

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 am

It's a close call, and I think it boils down to which one has the opening strike.

Scenario 1:

The Black Widow is not considered aggressive unless threatened, and as such, would not engage in a fight with gorilla, so for a conflict to arise between it and a gorilla, either:

A) the Gorilla first attacked the spider
B) the Gorilla was disturbs the spiders web.

The Gorilla's diet consists of mostly plants - it was not preying on the spider, which, because the spider was also avoiding a confrontation (i.e. the gorilla didn't feel threatened),  would rule out point A above.

So the most likely scenario is that the gorilla was caught in the spiders web.

B) If the gorilla is completely immobilised by the web, then the Spider will likely be the victor, having no resistance to administering a venom.

HOWEVER:

given the mass and strength of the average Sliverback I don't think it would be possible for it to be immobilised by the spiders web, even if we scale the strength and thickness of the web strands up 4000% (the largest recorded spider is just 28cm leg-span).

Scenario 2:
So, the gorilla has destroyed the spiders web, maybe now the spider feels threatened.

In which case the spider would be the most likely of the two to have an opening strike.

The gorilla is somewhat pre-occupied cleaning up the mess of the web from itself to be concentrating on the spider, as it comes in a bites the gorilla.

the venom does take a short period to act so the gorilla has time to respond with a crushing blow to the spider, probably close to killing it. (when we a bitten, we reflexively react extremely quickly - does the spider have time to dodge this retalliation?)

The spider is now of no further threat to the gorilla.

The gorilla now just has to rest and fight off the venom.

look.. double-KO!
Back to top Go down
Thorius Stormborn
Officer
Officer
Thorius Stormborn

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Alex went balls deep in this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Dante Wolv

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:40 am

I like how Scenario 1 was completely unnecessary considering that the gorrila was supposed to be trapped in the web lol

Cause you know... gorrilas are strong.. and yeah a widow web will be like dental floss

I would say that the widow has no chance, get around 3 widows and that will be a different story
Back to top Go down
Aeon
Aeon

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Aren't we going on the assumption that it is just a regular one on one between fictional , mutated characters ? XDD
Back to top Go down

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:49 am

The Gorrilla has better stamina and therefore better Hitpoints. It also has more raw power than the spider so potentials clashes would be win by the gorilla. The spider might be able to put some conditions on the Gorilla who lacks condition removals spells, so the spider might still be able to put the Gorilla down in his misery depending on his condition damage. All by all I give the Gorilla most chance though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What would win? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would win?   What would win? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would win?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server) :: General Discussion :: Funny Corner-
Jump to: