[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Legendary Guide Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Legendary Guide Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Legendary Guide Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Legendary Guide Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Legendary Guide Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Legendary Guide Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Legendary Guide Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Legendary Guide Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Legendary Guide Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Legendary Guide Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Legendary Guide

Go down 
+2
PuLoX
Paonian
6 posters

was this useful?
yes
Legendary Guide Vote_lcap100%Legendary Guide Vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
no
Legendary Guide Vote_lcap0%Legendary Guide Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Paonian
Paonian

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm going to explain some of the tricks and stuff I've learned while making my legendaries. I'm not an expert at making them, but neither time it has made me use more than 5 months to do one. So, here it goes I think:

1. Precursor or Gift of Mastery
If you go to the official GW2 forums you'll see most people say that you should get the precursor first since it's the thing that (depending on which legend you are going for) takes more money. I think that you should wait and make the gift of mastery first, since it's the cheapest part and the more entertaining one. Also, by the time you finish it, you might get to know by doing this small part of the legend if the whole recipe is worth it. If you get annoyed by this part, then son, you don't want to do this weapon and go make an ascended. Also if you do this you will have more time to think about what legend you really want.
To make this Gift, you need 4 things:
A Bloodstone Shard that costs 200 Skill points so save them!
250 obsidian shards, they used to be really hard to obtain but now you can farm them on silverwastes, buy with karma on orr or with fractal relics ^^ so it's easy easy
a gift of exploration, which is to have 100% of map (including WvW)
and a gift of battle that costs 500 badges of honor and can be bought like after rank 30 on wvw.

2. Gift of Legendary weapon.
I recommend doing this second. This is the gift that you have to make depending on which legend you want. Ex: gift of quip for quip, gift of potatoes for potatoes, etc.
this is the second cheapest part, but you need 2 professions depending on what legend you want on lvl 400 to make 2 different gifts.
also 100g to buy 100 icy runestunes.
and the sigil that the legend needs, Ex: flameseeker prophecies has superior sigil of battle because this Gift needs a sigil of battle.

3. Gift of Fortune
Now, this is horrible to be hones, probably more stressful than precursor.
I'll try to be very detailed with my strategy since this needs you to be really sure you want to do this.

You need all 6 stacks (250) of the T6 mats (last level of material when crafting on a profession, this items are used for recipes for lvl 400+ so don't worry when doing the gifts of the legendary weapon)

If you start farming for all 6 stacks you'll be wasting your time.
What you want to do BEFORE is make the 77 Mystic Clovers.
There are 2 recipes, first is for having a chance for 1 clover and the second is for having a chance of getting 10 clovers.
Now, with each recipe you have about 33% of winning each chance which is pretty high considering RNG in this game, so be happy and don't complain about low success of this clovers >: )
For the 1 clover recipe you need:
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
1 Mystic Coin
1 Obsidian Shard
and 6 Philosopher Stones (you get this by trading your skill points with the girl by the mystic forge, so be sure to buy the bloodstone shard first)

For the 10 clover recipe (I recommend highly this one) you need
10 Globs of Ectoplasm
10 Mystic Coins
10 Obsidian Shards
10 Crystals (you get by trading 3 skill points to girl by mystic forge)

You may say: you idiot! you have the same chance of loosing all those nice and expensive mats, GTFO you know nothing!!!!!!
but. everytime you fail, you can get from 10 to 40 t6 mats :O D: :O D: or wood or orichalcum or some bags that have shit in it xD
but by doing this recipe you will get your t6 a lot easier and faster than by doing 1 recipe. Also it took me with the 1 clover recipe like 250 tries at least, and with this only like 20 tries and got lots of t6 ^^. also everytime you get the clover youll be happy cause its 10 not just 1, idk i think people feel happier to see they have a lot more of the stuff they need than seen the stuff they need growing really slow.

After you have your clovers, what you want to do is:
buy lots of t5 mats.
use mystic forge to convert those t5 mats to t6 mats. how?
you'll need lots of t6 dust and even a lot more of t5 dusts.
I recommend to have lots of dusts first. to make t6 dust you'll need:
250 t5 dust, 1 t6 dust, 5 philosopher stones and 5 crystals. you can get from each try from 6 to 40. on my personal experience the highest i have gotten is 33. but still 250 t5 dusts is only like 3,5 gold while 33 dusts is like 10 gold or something idk. xD but a lot more than 3,5 gold.

after you get tons and tons of t6 dust you want to use it to get any of the t6 material you need.
to make more t6 mats you'll need:
50 t5 of the desired mat
1 t6 mat
5 piles of t6 dust
5 philosopher stones

You could use buy orders, or anything you like, but personally it's a waste of time and gold. My first legendary i bought all my mats from tp. it was on January and it costed me around 400g which now would be more than 700 gold....
with mystic forge it costed me 120 gold. so choose, xD.

and lastly for this horrible gift you need 250 ectos... so ye. After you throw away about 300 prescious purple balls with stuff that you don't want to touch you have to get 250 more... YAY!!!

But this is easy, >: ) if you have at least 50g, play the tp. how? I explain now!

Ectos sell for 47 to 43 depending on demand and hour. But but but, ectos are gotten by salaging rares from lvl 68 to lvl 80!
if you start to watch closely this market on tp, you'll see that most of the time this weapons and armor sell for 30s to 50s. You will want to buy only the ones that cost from 30 silver to 36.5 silver, to have some profit. Use the Rare salvage kit (yellow letters) and you will have a higher chance to get 3 ectos per salvage. Now, lets say you buy 20 rares at this price, by salvaging if you are lucky you'll get 30 ectos. sell ectos, buy more weapons, sell those ectos, buy more weapons, sell those ectos, repeat and cry in your bathroom alone until you have lots of moneys. a full stack of 250 ectos is about 100gold so buy them after you played tp a lot.

4. THE PREcursor...

Some may say this is the hardest part, some may say you should get it first. I do think that by doing everything else first you will work harder and farm and even sell everything in your house for gems if you only need this one. It depends on your luck really. I prefer to buy them, why? You could put 3 random rare weapons and a mystic forge stone and get dawn... or put 500000000 weapons and get liver stones.
if you play tp like i told you, eventually after some weeks you'll have enough money for dusk! and if you don't want dusk it's even better cause all other pres aren't as overpriced ^^. but there is no secret for this one, just keep playing, keep farming, don't loose hope. I wish you luck with this one, but remember that this isn't the hardest part.

I know this guide isn't much different from others you could find somewhere else, but it is made after I made my first 2 legendaries and probably by the next time ill find more useful stuff that i could update when i finish each legend.
That's it.
Back to top Go down
PuLoX

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Realy thanks for this post!!Very Happy
It is very usefull for me now.
Back to top Go down
German Ch Farm / Beefteki
German Ch Farm / Beefteki

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 am

Really useful! Using the TP is something I did not do for T6 mats, I will try it for my next Legendary! Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 am

I'm gonna be using this. That tp playing part? I don't even have 50g XD
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 am

Some rly good stuff here, getting 30 ectos out of 20 rares is a crazy fantasy though Smile
Back to top Go down

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

The 1 mystic clover recipe is chance math best though.
Cause if you do the 10 piece and you get lowest possible amount of t6, you lose 10 tries at the lowest. If you do 1 piece recipe, you can have 5 lowest but the rest higher.
If you get total crap with the 10 piece, again you wasted 10 tries where you might have gotten t6's or ecto's or whatever with the 1 piece tries.

I did 1 piece recipe and I got a shit-ton of t6's (and I got it on video and titus saw guildchat too I thought)
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Pao, I just read through the tp playing part: What if you spam dungeons then use tokens to buy gear and salvage it? Light gear, too, to sell the silk :3. More gold from dungeons, less gold spent, and more to sell. It's a win-win-win!!
Back to top Go down
Paonian
Paonian

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:14 am

NoWay: Idk. I've done both, and the one that worked a lot better for me is the 10 clover recipe. the 1 clover gave me more hidden treasure and leather stuff.

Brandon: I usually save my silk and make damask and sell the damask.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 am

What if you never bothered to become a tailor XD
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 6:05 am

yh but Noway, with 10 recipe if you get the lowest idd you failed, but of you get the highest its rly nice. Tbh i think its exactly the same andjust depends on luck
Back to top Go down
Paonian
Paonian

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 6:20 am

Brandon Ironcloud wrote:
What if you never bothered to become a tailor XD

I'm not sure about armorsmith, but leatherworker can make damask.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 am

Yh armorsmith makes damask too
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm

And if you never bothered to become anything that has to do with armor? :>

Only cooking and weaponsmith here, because those are the ones needed for Inci ._.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm

in that case you're screwed....
Back to top Go down

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:54 pm

What's up with all the NoWay... I'm Raven :'(
Back to top Go down
Brandon Ironcloud
Brandon Ironcloud

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 am

Go away, you're not really supposed to be here
Back to top Go down
Ryo Asakura
Officer
Officer
Ryo Asakura

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 am

Don't worry Brandon just talk to one of the leaders to get him of the forum Wink
Back to top Go down
Paonian
Paonian

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:31 am

What is happening?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legendary Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legendary Guide   Legendary Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Legendary Guide
Page 1 of 1