[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
by .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
by Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
by Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
by Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
by .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
by Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
by Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
by Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
by Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
by Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Share | 

Usefulness of Longbow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini Knoma

PostSubject: Usefulness of Longbow   Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm

I was checking Legendaries and I came to love Kudzu! Mostly for the look of it, the footprints and how they match (on a role playing point of view) with a Sylvari!

Anyway, I wanted to check the class that gets the most out of a longbow and to my surprise... it's amongst the 3 weapons usable by only 2 classes (along with shortbow and hammer). Even worst... longbow seems to be a bad fit as main weapon for both classes (ranger & warrior).

So I wanted your opinion, on this point; what's the class that best use the Longbow, if any?

Here is a summary of my opinion: please feel free to disagree!
- Ranger: good ranged weapon but very slow and low damage at close range (<900) compared to shortbow and swords --> better use sword as mentioned in nearly all posts made by NoWay & Titus
- Warrior: warriors have a lot of weapon options, most of them better than the longbow. Warrior in general are OP at the moment and it's only a matter of weeks before they get nerfed down... not worth investing in.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 am

Well, there are a lot of nice Power builds with LB for Ranger. Can i ask what kind of stuff you play most often?
Back to top Go down
German Ch Farm / Beefteki

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:47 am

Ranger I'd say.
It's just not as useful for Warriors, if you dont run a condition build (which kinda sucks in comparison to pure dps), you won't find many moments in which you could use a LB.
Back to top Go down
Mini Knoma

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Thank you for the first 2 replies!

@Titus: when i was playing ranger, I mainly played LB/GS but it was 6 months ago (if not more) and only PVE. Now i'm having fun on wvw... and start enjoying myself in tPvP as well

@Beefteki: I also played warrior 1y ago and I liked the LB for it's range AOE (compared to rifle which is single-target). And I still see several warrior with LB in wvw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:43 pm

In certain dungeons, people will love a zerker ranger. In WvW I'd go with longbow when zerging (longer range, aoe, rapid fire,...). In PvP a zerker ranger can be great too, but you will need to be in teamfights. Zerker ranger is like dps guard, but with a different kind of survival. Zerker rangers in pvp should use pets to 'get some air' wolf fear, dog's immobilize, spiders immobilare, moa daze, ...

A well played zerker ranger can be nice! And it's not so that you have to play the same build all the time, either.

The only reason I am against a zerker ranger is that currently I have survival and a great 1v1/1v2 build. If you go Zerker ranger, you need to play very good, dodge every massive attack. Tbh, you gotta know what you're doing. But if you do, you can be a great asset to any team (pve/dungeons/wvw/pvp).

I'd say, try out a zerker ranger (I suggest signets) and don't give up after your first 10 matches after getting massacred! Give it some time, learn the combo's see what works. You might like it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Second post: (thought of some things)

Zerker ranger is great against bunkers and steady damage dealers, if you can land your combo's. A zerker ranger is like a thief, only worse in a certain point of view. You see your target, and you go for the kill. The longer it takes you to kill the target, the less chance you have of leaving the fight alive. Think about it as if you were James Bond, or the Hitman, or Jason Statham.
You gotta kill them fast!
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

I used to play full zerk in WvW zerging. Was pretty fcking awesome. LB: Barrage+quickness of zephyr+sharpening stones= insaaaaaaaaaaane dmg output on a zerg. Make sure you use the trait that arrows pierce. Then its excellent for zerging
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Titus Aemilianus wrote:
I used to play full zerk in WvW zerging. Was pretty fcking awesome. LB: Barrage+quickness of zephyr+sharpening stones= insaaaaaaaaaaane dmg output on a zerg. Make sure you use the trait that arrows pierce. Then its excellent for zerging

and trait LB skill CD -20% Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 am

Another problem is: LB burst can easily be dodged in tpvp when you can't CC your target enough (and ranger doesn't have that much CC in comparison to say warrior) and GS animations are so obvious that anybody who pays attention can dodge them (read: only in a big 4v4 with a lot of action in tight quarters you can burst them down)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Usefulness of Longbow   

Back to top Go down

Usefulness of Longbow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server) :: General Discussion :: General-
Jump to: