[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
Engineer - a guide to the enigma Emptyby Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Engineer - a guide to the enigma

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Engineer - a guide to the enigma Empty
PostSubject: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:16 pm

The link to the build is available in the name of the build.

Far-point decapper/contester I:
This first build is meant to constantly solo attack far-point. There are plenty of knockbacks so you should be able to decap. Lots of blocks for survivability and to hold of 1v2 or even 1v3 while contesting a point. This allows your teammates to have uneven fights and clean up Close/Mid before you die.

Far-point decapper/contester II:
This second build is much easier to decap. However, you become a lot squishier and may struggle when it becomes a 1v2 or 1v3.

Bunker engineer:
This role lacks the knockbacks to decap but combines healing from bombs and elixir guns with blocks to create a pretty good tank. Can indefinitely survive 1v2 and last very long in 1v3s on close point.

Teamfighter Engineer:
This role is more of a middle-ground engineer. Very useful in a teamfight to spread conditions and take someone out using Slick Shoes. Also very good disengage with two stunbreakers. One could take off Slick Shoes for Elixir R instead.

HGH Engineer:
This role will decide teamfights. Having a HGH Engineer who is not attacked will win any teamfight. However, you will be squishy and will require team support. You won't be able to stand on point very long so it is imperative this role is accompanied by a Heavy class. Ideal for roaming Close/Mid and winning all the fights but useless at capping points.

Static Discharge:
I don't think it works well at high level PvP. Too squishy, other classes do Power bursts better and HGH is generally better for taking someone out.

Having listed out the various roles I see for an effective Engineer, here is what the ideal start is for each role.

FAR - Far-decapper (with Rifle)
CLOSE - Teamfighter (with Slick Shoes)
MID - Bunker Engineer
Roaming Mid/Close - HGH Engineer, Teamfighter (with Elixir R)

Try some of these builds and let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Can i keep posting here guys? If it bothers even only one of you just tell me Smile

I see that raven is putting a lot of effort in leading pvp in PKs, that's great, he's a very good lad!

Since i'm almost champion genius, i'd like to share a few ideas about the builds and roles

NoWay wrote:

Far-point decapper/contester I:
This first build is meant to constantly solo attack far-point. There are plenty of knockbacks so you should be able to decap. Lots of blocks for survivability and to hold of 1v2 or even 1v3 while contesting a point. This allows your teammates to have uneven fights and clean up Close/Mid before you die.

Pretty much what raven said :)I think that settler amulet can be an overkill here though, backpack regenerator scales terribly with healing power (if it does at all), and using just the healing turret (which is still the best healing skill for this build) is meh..
I'd take rabid instead, you can drastically increase your burn damage output and some pressure will help a lot, with no damage pressure the enemy will save his dodges and use it for the big oil bomb, or it won't be forced to run out of the fire bomb..

NoWay wrote:

Far-point decapper/contester II:
This second build is much easier to decap. However, you become a lot squishier and may struggle when it becomes a 1v2 or 1v3.
My favourite decapper build :)it can decap points almost istantly, rifle is really superior to p/s in that. The settler works just great here, lots of healings from the bombs and the elixir gun..not much to add here, if you want to decap, i'd go with this Smile(just watch out for acid bomb, it can take you out of the point Smile)

NoWay wrote:

Bunker engineer:
This role lacks the knockbacks to decap but combines healing from bombs and elixir guns with blocks to create a pretty good tank. Can indefinitely survive 1v2 and last very long in 1v3s on close point.

Pretty much what i'm running right now, very good bunker. I'm using 10 points in explosives so that bomb radius can cover almost the entire control point, but that's not a big deal, works great (even more resilient) with those 10 points in firearms. I usually swap the settler jewel for the carrion one, i like the bit of health and condition damage but again, this doesn't change much

NoWay wrote:

Teamfighter Engineer:
This role is more of a middle-ground engineer. Very useful in a teamfight to spread conditions and take someone out using Slick Shoes. Also very good disengage with two stunbreakers. One could take off Slick Shoes for Elixir R instead.

This looks good, but could use some improvements imo. Why inertial converter in tools? It's not worth it i think, none of your toolbelt really saves your life when you get under 25%. Another super speed can help but it's very situational, you'll use the stunbreaker if it's a warrior that's nuking you, but that's it i think. I'd probably put those 5 points in firearm and reduce cooldown of pistol skills, 3 seconds on static shot doesn't sound like a lot but trust me, you'll notice the difference.
As for the runes..i'd go full nightmare, the runeset doesn't make much sense to me:P

NoWay wrote:

HGH Engineer:
This role will decide teamfights. Having a HGH Engineer who is not attacked will win any teamfight. However, you will be squishy and will require team support. You won't be able to stand on point very long so it is imperative this role is accompanied by a Heavy class. Ideal for roaming Close/Mid and winning all the fights but useless at capping points.

This is by far the best thing that can happen to a team in a tpvp. If the hgh engi can attack without being hit (as in many maps there are spots where you have the higher ground), this can end a 3v3 or 4v4 fight in no time. It's damage output is astonishing, it can really lay waste on the enemy team. As raven said, you'll die as fast as you can kill. s/d thieves will be a huge problem for you, as will be warriors (they're going to kill you in the duration of their berserker stance if elixir s is in cd).
Much harder to master that how it seems, this build will change the fight anyway, in your favor if you can use it, but i'll make you loose if you can't. Here, positioning is the key Smile

NoWay wrote:

Static Discharge:
I don't think it works well at high level PvP. Too squishy, other classes do Power bursts better and HGH is generally better for taking someone out.
This can deal an insane damage on unaware targets, it's the end of any zerker ele (pretty much, of any ele right now). Hope you'll never find a thief though..engi is thief's bane when equipped with bombs and a decent toughness but it's no match for a good one if zerker. You can use this build as a high damage point decapper, you'll force their bunker to play defensively and combining toolkit 5, rifle 2 and 4 you'll be able to decap the point pretty fast. Better to use a soldier amulet for this though..
Anyway, can be a lot of fun but not very effective in tpvp. Sadly, in the current meta engi is forced into conditions. (try SD in wvw thoughXD best build ever^^ if targer has less than 2,5k armor you'll oneshot him!)

This is a build i run a lot with my engi:

engi grenade/turret build

It has decent mobility due to perma swiftness, an insane damage output and can be very nasty with that turret. 4 sec immobilization every 6 1/2 seconds will let you throw so many grenades in his face that he'll have no escape. And it's one of the few builds that can actually safe stomp something. This is a very big problem for engi in tpvp, it's no good in a 3v3 fight if you can down but not stomp. If your teem mates won't be able to do it for you you'll never kill anyone in a 3v3 or 4v4 fight on a point, maybe a big one as foefire's graveyard. This build has it's downsides, if your turret get's smashed you'll lose a big part of your control.
The usual opener is toss elixir s and approach with stealth, then net attack and blowtorch, grenades and start spamming conditions on them, drop net turret (not on your feet, better right outside the point where it can still cover it but avoid the damage) and repeat.

Let me know if you have any questions, if you need some sparring to check something out give me a call, if i'm in game i'll join you Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryo Asakura
Officer
Officer
Ryo Asakura

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Keep posting I don't care Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Ok you rly need to start playing necro. I need info like this on necro.

Btw Engi is insanely good in PvP atm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanx a lot for the input nightfire! And ofcourse keep us posted.

I'm mostly a ranger guy and in lesser effect a guardian guy. So engi was complete new, but the research was pretty fun to do.

I'll see what I can find on necro titus. Just gimme some time.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 5:33 am

Sure Raven but the build im running now is rly well so it wont be easy to find a better one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 am

You altered shehrs to your playstyle?
Back to top Go down
Dante Wolv

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 am

Really enjoy the use of conditions in the builds. I must ask though, why you have chose to have a flamethrower in some of them, I feel like flamethrowers take more advantage of zerker stats and arnt really as effective as they could be. The lack of stun breakers aswell worries me.
Back to top Go down
Titus Aemilianus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 am

yh Shehr's one is pretty nice now. I would still like more surv without giving up too much dmg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 am

Well dante. I never played engi in pvp. These were from reading and fighting them. So i apologize for mistakes Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:29 am

Dante Wolv wrote:
Really enjoy the use of conditions in the builds. I must ask though, why you have chose to have a flamethrower in some of them, I feel like flamethrowers take more advantage of zerker stats and arnt really as effective as they could be. The lack of stun breakers aswell worries me.

Flamethrower completely suck as a main damage dealer in tpvp. For a decent damage, it requires you to go full zerker, stay in melee range and keep channeling its autoattack. That ain't going to work in pvp. Furthermore, you'll be probably killing yourself if your cone attack hits someone with retaliation (reta is a very big problem for a lot of engi builds with 'nades, but with flamethrower is simply too much).

Why equipping a flamethrower then?

It's a *great* utility weapon. You'll never use it to autoattack unless you realle need to and know what you are doing, but you'll use a lot of its skills.
- skill nr 2 deals some minor damage that can help expecially if the target doesn't have a lot of toughness, even if built for condition damage.
- skill nr 3 is one of the best tools you have to decap points: a pushback with a 15 sec cd is really really good. It has been hugely nerfed, but it still have a lot of uses.
- skill nr 4 can stack some real nice burn duration if your enemy is dumb enough to keep crossing it. Be smart and dance around it, if your target is a melee he'll have to walk through it to keep the pressure up. Stop the pressure and a bunker engi is almost unbeatable, his short cd will let him sustain forever if the pressure isn't up 100% of the time
- skill nr 5 is an aoe blind, it's huge. And it's istant, can be used to safe stomp a lot of classes, especially warriors who's downed nr 2 has a very obvious animation. Works really well with guardians too.

Plus, ft toolbelt skill stacks something like 9 secs of burning if you're built for conditions and can land all the hits. That's a HUGE amount of damage.

I usually put ft in a lot of my bunker builds. A bunker will almost everytime fight in melee range since it has to stay on points, and ft utilities are made just for that task.

Hope i shed some light on why raven (completely correctly) put ft in his condition builds Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:04 am

That was very clarifying! It was just a theory cause it looked good on paper, but I wasn't sure it'd work.
Back to top Go down
Djazzl
Djazzl

PostSubject: Dj's build   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Dj's build

This is the engineer Bomb/Bunker build that i use
its simple, hard to kill and very annoying to fight against.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, takes ages to load for me :s
You annoying little rat Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engineer - a guide to the enigma   Engineer - a guide to the enigma Empty

Back to top Go down

Engineer - a guide to the enigma
Page 1 of 1