[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server)

pK TS3 adress: 80.160.94.40 PW: Quaggan // GH TS3 Adress: ts3.gunnars-hold.eu PW: wim4de5a

HomeRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Ranger Guide's & Tipps
by .NoWay. Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 am

» Moving and some info!
by Steven Silverwing Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:56 am

» Guild Photo
by Titus Aemilianus Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 am

» Jumping Puzzle Contest
by Titus Aemilianus Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 am

» Pain Killer Facebook page
by .NoWay. Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:23 am

» What did you do ingame today?
by Mizu Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

» Far Shiverpeaks
by Steven Silverwing Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 am

» Building the new website!
by Mizu Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 am

» About Painkiller (revamp)
by Mizu Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:58 pm

» Guild Goals!(to do list)
by Paonian Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Share | 

PVP Championship Proposal

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Twapper
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Hehe Raven,

Yeah it seems like people go with profesions that did good in 1st pvp challenge. 3 Mesmers 3 Rangers and my little thief.

I guarantee you tho that things will be much different in a Championship where everyone gets to fight everyone.

Or, maybe ill roll a Mesmers too.. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah, how about banning rangers too? Very Happy
Let's go for the underdog class, ENGI! Drago would be most pleased Smile

Keep me informed on how you wanna do this twapper, then I can drop in and out of the game to do some matches during my soon to be rare spare time.
Back to top Go down
Danagir
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:49 am

Whahaha sorry BUT my main is a MESMER!!!!!! Razz soooo dont ban classes from the pvp tourney :p
Back to top Go down
http://pain.actieforum.com

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:49 am

Alinul
Thief
Back to top Go down
Alexa De
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 am

Alexa deStrange - most likely Necromancer (maybe Mini Alexa mesmer) but will let you know in good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Soooo guys!

So excited about the new championship taking form, i really miss sparring in our arena!

A few things to decide, and a few questions..

First the questions:
- i'm not very familiar with football (it kinda sucks as a sport imo:P as a fencer i can't bear 20 overpayed dudes running after a ball) so i haven't quite understood how the tournament will be done. In our fencing championships we have a first part where everyone fights everyone (well, almost..but with our numbers that's it) and after that part a leaderboard is created. And then the best fights the worst and so on, eg. if we're 8, after the first part the matchups will be 8-1, 7-2, 6-3 and so on. Direct elimination, pretty much like our last tournament in the second part. Is it like that? Or if it isn't, please explain Very Happy

Whatever it will be, it's gonna be fun anyway Very Happy

2nd question: any ideas about a possible date for this? Since everyone will fight everyone it could become really messy, we won't be able to be ALL in the same place in the same time, we've seen how hard it is in the last tournament..so my proposal is something like that: we could have 1 week time instead of 1 day, and when 3 are online (two contestant and at least one witness?) they could have their match, then write results somewhere (forum? could get messy there too, do you know any website with something useful? in fencing we use these:

http://www.nedonadisalerno.com/Download/Modello%20Girone%20Italiana.pdf )
This is just an idea, probably not even a good one..but the problem of getting all together in the same time is something worth thinking on this time.

Ok, now about the entry fee: i generally dislike entry fees since they can discourage participation in things like these. An entry fee here would be useful though, we could add some money to the prize or, better in my opinion, add prizes (eg: twapper's 50 gold for the winner, 65% of the fees for the 2nd, 35% for the 3rd) so people would be encouraged to participate even if they don't think they can win (some really tough guys in the list and we all know it).
About this fee, i think it should be between 1 and 5 gold, not everyone has a big disposal of money (for someone 5 gold could be too much anyway for an afternoon of sparring..dunno..maybe 1 or 2?).
About fees though, i would really appreciate some feedback especially from the guys that weren't in the first tourney (i don't think titus will mind giving me 5 gold:P but i don't know so well others like georgiex). If for someone the fee is a problem, imo more participants >> more prizes, it's all about fun Very Happy

Ps.: i think you can add Gheraz Orrian to the list, now i'll talk him into it..and maybe Elenneth, i'll talk to him too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Money is an issue for me isendel (ingame name escapes me), I'm always broke and out of time. So if I need to pay 5g just for the competition, which I won't be able to win (read only nightfire can win Very Happy ), I rather spend that 1 afternoon I can play on some free pvp Smile
Just my 50s. and besides, if we get 20 guys in it's a lot i think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah i wrote 5g but it's muuch more like 1g. The sole purpose of a entry fee is to add some secondary prizes imo, having a 2nd and 3rd prize would greatly encourage people in joining i think..1g isn't that much, it's a 10 min dungeon if you think about it..and if we manage to gather 15-20 ppl, it's gonna be 12g on the 2nd, and 8 for the 3rd..really nice i think!

(i'm nightfire btw^^)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 am

Or we can give the winner nothing Very Happy only our gratitude and very deep respect Wink
If you're in it nightfire, then I'll pay whatever it takes to enter. I wanna beat you atleast once in an official fight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Twapper
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 am

isendel11 crits you with Wall of Text damaging for every little drop of life you got

Joke aside, liked your post. some good ideas in there.

At the moment i wanna just make something clear.
As you guys might have noticed, there are some key players momentarily busy outside of GW2. Titus, Danagir, the muppet above this post Razz, Akhullad, Agradox and ofc Balli!!.

For that reason i can say for sure that we wont be starting this until start of October, when i am hoping that more people will be back into playing GW2, since thats kinda the start of MMO season for some people Smile.

Until then keep ideas flowing please so that we can plan ahead, and have the best format on this.
Cheers!!

PS: Championship is way different than Tournament, so if you think you know the winner ahead of time you`re mistaken. Everyone fights everyone!! yahuuu... You will be surprised to see what that really means in terms of Standings. Razz

Im excited for this !!!!!!!!! btw longest PS ever.. damn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am

Twapper wrote:
the muppet above this post Razz
Great one twapper Very Happy

Nah, nightfire just blows you mind away with his phantasms and you won't even know what hit you till he's dancing on your corpse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 am

Bump, since we have many new members i'm upping the topic.

Currently it is on hold due to the lack of participants (those slackers are still playing romans รงรง), but if we can get some more people on it i think we'll be able to have the championship!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 am

Gehraz is going to kick some asses! Count on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I wouldn't want to kick your ass nightfire, so be happy I'm playing romans Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PVP Championship Proposal   

Back to top Go down

PVP Championship Proposal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[pK] Pain Killer (Gunnars Hold Server) :: In-Game Area :: PvP :: PvP-events-
Jump to: